Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring Is In My Future

On Monday I had surgery to correct some nagging issues leftover from a rather traumatic childbirth. There will be physiotherapy (physical therapy for you American readers) and maybe more surgery in my future, but for now, I seem to finally be on the road to real healing.

And with that healing comes hope. Hope for getting to enjoy the spring. I have essentially missed the winter with these nine weeks of being a near invalid. And with the spring comes walks in the park, Easter chocolate, flowers, sunshine, and most loved of all - climbing. Sunday it looked like climbing season was once again going to be kept from me. But Monday's surgery may just have saved it for me. If I keep on feeling like I feel right now, I see a climbing helmet and a harness in my future.

Can anyone say Squamish?!

2 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

So glad things are looking up - I've been so worried about you!

Unknown said...

I am glad to hear that your future is looking rosier. Good for you. Thank you for your comments on my blog. It amazes me you still find time when your life is both difficult and I'm sure, full, with your new baby. Take care of yourself and Happy Climbing! S