Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hey Guys

Isn't that just a cute face? I love that he gets to look at me and that I get to look at him all the live long day. Someday he may sass me, but for now, he adores me. After all, I do have the milk. He is cuddly and adorable, and I fall more in love with him each day. Even his projectile pooping incidents cannot dampen my enthusiasm for spending time with him. He is truly a fun blessing.

We are all headed to the States to visit family this week, and we are trying to pack a ton of preparations into a tiny window of time. I was supposed to have help on Friday with our little guy to give me time to clean, but that didn't happen after all. Yesterday, the little one and I were on our own all morning while his daddy headed to an outdoor show, and then it was off to a town an hour away to pick up the most insanely expensive stroller bag I've ever seen. (I am seriously regretting it and wondering if it's really necessary. But then I imagine the gate check guys losing one of the three wheels to our Bob stroller and I momentarily forget that the stroller accessories such as the travel bag have eaten up whatever college fund we had for our little guy.) Then when we got home, I cooked dinner from scratch for the first time since the whole sage of childbirth complications. It was deliciously amazing and made me wonder where I've been all my life. Ha. Seriously, we have missed my cooking.

That leads us to today. I had been hankering to go to church simply because I miss the community of friends we have there, and I hadn't gone since sometime around Christmas. Between the snow, giving birth, and wishing for the first ever lower torso transplant after childbirth, we just hadn't gone. So it was such a treat. So many people came up and loved on us, cooing over our baby. What really made me tear up was when our pastor said he'd had a "Henry David and Inkling sighting" and had us stand so everyone could see that FINALLY the answers to their prayers for my healing had been mostly answered with a resounding yes. But what was the most fun was the music and watching our little guy stare wide-eyed with wonder at the musicians. He and I both loved the music, and I really wish I could have been inside his mind to know what he was thinking and know how much he could actually see.

We came home from that after picking up a roast chicken at the grocery store, and after a lovely lunch of that and roasted veggies, I apparently zonked out on the bed while nursing the little guy. Now we are awake and the day is half over. I still have a bathroom to scrub, floors to vacuum, clothing to go through to figure out what will fit me for this trip, and preliminary packing to do. (May I just say that a bad first trimester sickness wise and a serious childbirth injury and infection for the mama to go through really suck, but that the bright side is the fact that I can fit into pants I haven't been able to wear for two years.)

So that's what's been happening. I am really and truly on the mend at long last. The last surgery happened two weeks ago tomorrow, and it seemed to be the ticket to finally helping me turn the corner. I have four more weeks of recovery where activity is somewhat restricted, but it looks like I can at last see the light at the end of this tunnel.

I'll see you later. We've got a trip to the States to take and great grandparents to meet the little guy!


Anonymous said...

Ruby here -

I am sending a small package to your folks. I am afraid if I send it your via your Washington P.O. it may not fit the little man by the time you'd get there so....I hope you get it via your folks address. Oh - you are going to LOVE IT! :)\

Have fun in STL and call if you get time - if not, I UNDERSTAND! Praying you all have a good visit and are able to relax and enjoy your time with your family! :)

Sarah said...

What a little charmer!He is gorgeous, Inkling.So happy to hear you sounding so positive. Hope you have a great trip to the States and continue with your healing.Sarah xx