Sunday, November 23, 2008

You Can Help With Justice For A Modern Day Joseph

So I have this new public blog with an unknown readership. And I've got a really big request for you.

In these lame duck days, President Bush's focus goes to doing last minute things while he still has the Oval Office as his headquarters. One of those last minute tasks happens to be pardons.

I just read a story about likely pardon candidates that made me kind of roll my eyes and wonder if we'll ever get a man of complete and total integrity in political office. What I mean by that is that the candidates listed need to serve their time; they don't need a pardon. Granted, they need God's forgiveness, but they also need to face the consequences for their greed, stupidity, and outright sin.

But there is one man my dad personally knows who does not fit that description. That man is in need of a pardon. He's had everyone from big name religious folks to big name lawyers championing his case, but nothing has worked.

So I'm asking you to do what I'm going to do this week. I want you to please visit Bill Kennedy's website and read through it. Then I'd like you to write President Bush a letter, and I'd also ask you to send a copy to your local senators. And I'd like to ask you to do it this week. (And if you aren't an American, why not write anyway? After all justice is justice wherever humanity resides.)

Bill Kennedy is a modern day Joseph, and it would be nice to see him set free. Please take time out of your busy schedule to do something that would indeed fit the category of "justice for all". Please.

Feel free to copy this post and pass it on to as many people as you like.

Thank you.

No comments: