Friday, March 2, 2012

James & My Propensity to Chat

I'm currently in chapter 3 of James. You know, the part where he gets blunt talking about how our tongues are incorrigible. For a long time I've known that I have too many words just itching to spill out, either in conversation or in writing. And for a while now, I've wondered if I shouldn't just hush up the whole blogging thing because for as many words as I seem to have, I don't have a proportionate amount of wisdom.

So that's where I'm at. I'm wishing there were a way to feel connected to the outside world while at the same time remaining quiet as mouse online. I'm wrestling with that. If you only knew how many times I think, "Geez, I should delete that post. I can't believe I said that." Or the more common thought sounds like this, "Gee, I wonder if there is a really big hole where I can crawl in and hide for awhile, like maybe the next 50 years." But then my otter like side of part of my personality comes to the forefront and says, "Who are you kidding? You want to play! You want to chat! You want to connect!"

I'm not sure what side will win out - the side that says I should quietly close this blog and speak less or the side that wants to stay somewhat connected to those residing outside the four walls of my home. Maybe both sides will come up with an agreement that leads to connection and quietness. Guess only time will tell. But let's hope that whatever happens, wisdom and understanding become a part of the deal. Because Heaven knows I need them. =)

No comments: