Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sabbatical of Sorts

In an ideal world, someone would offer to pay me to go on Sabbatical, where I would spend my time reading, writing, traveling, and touring.

But in my world, which is not even close to ideal, my time is spent taking care of a baby and waiting for him to sleep deeply enough so I can either shower or attend to chores. My world also involves dealing with waiting for doctors and hospitals who can't make up their little minds and keep throwing curve balls, a baby whose tummy hurts because of some meds he's on to cure the rattling in his chest, and other messes too hard to relate. So in my less than ideal world there is a need for me to retreat and just be in my little home, disconnected from everything else.

So I'm taking a break. I don't know how long. Heck, I don't even know if I'll be on sabbatical tomorrow. Maybe I'll wake up and suddenly find I have something to say that can actually be put in print. But until that happens, I'm going to just be quiet for awhile. I'll still probably visit my favorite blogs, and may even comment there. But here I'll just be quiet. I need that right now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you enjoy your sabbatical, even if its for an hour or two!I looked up your condition and sat at my computer shocked and stunned. All the sites said that it was suffered by women in 3rd world countries and was very rare.My heart goes out to you even more now I have read about it.I hope your sabbatical brings you a happy baby who dozes deeply to let you do your bits and bobs. Sarah x

Avital said...

My son is 16 months and I still wear him in the Ergo every day too. He's too heavy to wear comfortably on my front now, but he knows how to hang on to make it very easy to get him on and off my back in a flash. I love my Ergo too!

Kara said...

Hi! I found your blog after reading your recent comment left on adventuresinbabywearing. I really felt compelled to visit after reading it--I also feel so alone in my mothering where I live. My community is very mainstream and anything different is considered 'wrong.' I hope you are enjoying a break--blessings on you and your family!

Unknown said...

Hi Inkling. I hope you don't mind, but I tagged you on my blog if you fancy it! Don't worry if you don't.Take care. Sarah x